If you live or work in one of the counties we serve—or you’re affiliated through your school or workplace—you’re eligible for membership. You can join USECU if you meet any of the following criteria:
- You live, work or worship in the California counties of Alameda, Sacramento, San Diego, Santa Clara or Yolo
- You’re employed by the State of California, including all administrative offices of the state
- You’re an employee, student or Alumni of the University of California or California University system
- You’re a retired employee of the State of California or the University of California System
- You’re employed by or a member of an affiliated Select Employee Group (SEG)
- You’re immediate family of a USE Credit Union member or persons living in the same residence with a member and maintaining a single economic unit
Here’s what you need to get started.
To streamline the application process, please have the following information available for yourself and any joint applicants.
- Valid, unexpired, government-issued ID (state-issued driver’s license, state ID or military ID)
- Physical address (and a previous home address if you have lived at your current home address less than two years)
- Social security number
- Email address
- Credit or debit card or a US checking account number and routing number to make your initial deposit.
USE Credit Union offers a variety of checking and savings accounts designed to meet your specific needs. Learn more about our deposit accounts to find out which one is the best fit.
Free Checking with eStatements is the centerpiece of your banking relationship, giving you convenient access to your money at over 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and 6,700 credit union branches nationwide. Your account includes free Online and Mobile Banking, plus free Mobile Check Deposit.
We offer accounts for sole proprietors and organizations, too. Visit one of our local branches to open your business account.
To view the Deposit Account and Services Agreement, click here.
Open your new account today.
Mobile and data rates apply when using Mobile Banking.
If you are a member of USECU, register here for Online Banking.
To reset your Online Banking password, use the Forgotten Password Feature and follow the prompts.
With our Mobile Deposit feature, you can quickly and conveniently deposit paper checks using your smartphone or tablet. You’re going to love it!
Simply log into the app, select Check Deposit and follow the on-screen prompts. You’ll take a picture of the front of your check and another of your endorsement on the back. To finalize the deposit, you’ll verify the amount of the deposit. That’s all there is to it! We recommend that you retain the paper check for 30 days or until it has cleared the issuer’s financial institution.
There are lots of easy ways to make payments on your USECU auto or personal loan.
- Make sure your payment is never late by setting up automatic payments from your USECU Checking or Savings account.
- Make a one-time payment in online banking from a USE Credit Union Checking or Savings account, using the Make a Transfer function.
- Make a payment from an outside financial institution by logging into the USECU Mobile App and tap Loan Payment or log in to Online Banking, go to Move Money and select Loan Payment.
- Make your payment in person by bringing your payment into any USE Credit Union branch or CO-OP Shared Branch location.
- Call us at 866.873.4968 for assistance making a payment from your USE Checking or Savings account or to make a check by phone payment from another financial institution. There is a $10.00 fee for a check by phone payment.
- If you prefer to mail your payment, be sure to write your account number on your check. If you have an auto loan that you received directly from the dealership, mail your payment with your loan coupon.
Mail Payments to: USE Credit Union, P.O. Box 881109, San Diego, CA 92168
Send Overnight Payments to: USE Credit Union, 10120 Pacific Heights Blvd., Suite 100, San Diego, CA 92121
Need a payoff for an auto, personal or home equity loan? Call us at 866.873.4968 for personal assistance.
To request a Payoff Demand, fax your request to our Loan Servicing Department at 858.795.6082.
Thinking of refinancing your non-USECU, auto, personal or mortgage loan? Call us first before you act. We offer extremely competitive rates and may be able to help you get the savings or extra cash you need.
Yes! Funds deposited with USECU are insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) and backed by the full faith and credit of U.S. Government. Most deposits account are federally insured to at least $250,000. Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) are insured separately up to $250,000 each. You may be eligible for additional coverage on multiple accounts based on different ownership. Use the NCUA calculator to estimate your current insurance coverage.
For questions regarding your NCUA insurance, call the NCUA Insurance Call Center at 800.755.1030, Option 2.
Charter Number: 60801
Yes! USECU is partnering with GreenPath Financial Wellness to provide comprehensive financial counseling, financial education and money management tools. GreenPath Financial Wellness is a non-profit organization helping people for more than 50 years.
Green Path can help with:
- Personal and family budgeting
- Student loan debt counseling
- Housing counseling
- Credit report coaching
- Debt management plans to repay debt in full (not debt settlement)
- Avoiding bankruptcy, foreclosure and repossession
Click here to learn more.
Yes! If you’re happy with USECU, we invite you to refer someone to us. If someone you refer joins, you’ll both earn a cash reward. Get referral details here.
We offer several convenient ways to transfer money between your USECU accounts:
- Log in to Online Banking and click the Move Money tab
- Log in to Online Banking using our Mobile App and tap Transfers
- Use our 24-Hour Telephone Banking Line at 866.873.4968
- Visit any CO-OP ATM
The easiest way to pay another person is through Bill Pay in Online Banking. Click on the Bill Pay tab, enter the person’s name in the available field and click “Add.” You’ll need to provide the individual’s address since payments to individuals are sent via regular mail.
Need more options? You can also wire funds to other parties using the Wire Transfer Request form in Online Banking. Your USECU account is also compatible with payment apps like CASH APP or Venmo.
Venmo is a service of PayPal, Inc. CASH APP is a trademark of Square, Inc.
You may occasionally receive offers from TruStage Insurance for Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D), Life Insurance as well as Auto and Home Insurance. USECU considers insurance an important part of your overall financial well-being, and we make these offers available to ensure you have insurance options at an affordable price. Today, more than 14 million members rely on TruStage to provide affordable individual and family coverage. To learn more, visit TruStage or call 888.787.8243.
To cancel your TruStage Insurance call:
- TruStage Life Insurance: 888.787.8243
- TruStage AD&D: 888.787.8243
- TruStage Auto and Home Insurance: 888.380.9287
TruStage is a registered trademark of CUNA Mutual Group.
USECU uses the latest SSL encryption technology to secure your online and mobile banking sessions. This is a process where the information between our servers and your browser or mobile device is encrypted (or scrambled) so it cannot be read by unauthorized parties.
Please visit our Online Security Policy.
Yes! The Mobile Apps certify all devices and ensure all transactions are fully encrypted and secure on that device. To further secure your transactions in Mobile Banking, you will be required to log in the same way as you would with Online Banking.
Friendly team members available 24/7.
By Email or Chat
Live Chat and Secure Messaging in Online or Mobile Banking provides you direct access to our Member Service Representatives to answer questions quickly and securely. You may also email us at email@example.com.
Due to the COVID-19 emergency, branches are open for limited hours for walk-in service. Our current hours are from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m, or by appointment only from 9 a.m. – 10 a.m.
If you’d prefer to schedule an appointment instead of walking in, please give us a call 24 hours in advance to let us know you are coming.
While branches are temporarily closed to walk-ins due to the COVID emergency, make an appointment to visit a branch (Monday-Friday, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.) by calling our Member Service Center at 866.873.4968.
USE Credit Union
10120 Pacific Heights Blvd. Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92121
There is no branch at this location. ATM available at this location.
Loan Payment Online (ACH)
Login to Online Banking, go to Move Money and select Loan Payment
Login to the USECU Mobile App and tap Loan Payment
Loan Payment by Phone (ACH/Debit or Credit Card)
This service is available from 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. PST
Deposits & Loan Payments Only
USE Credit Union
P.O. Box 881109
San Diego, CA 92168-1109
USE Credit Union
Attn: Loan Servicing
10120 Pacific Heights Blvd.
San Diego, CA 92121
At USECU we value your feedback. Have an idea, comment, compliment or complaint? Please tell us what’s on your mind.