We're Here for You
With all the news about coronavirus (COVID-19), you may be wondering how we at USE Credit Union are responding.
Well, first we want you to know that your well-being and that of our employees is our top priority. So, we’re actively monitoring the situation and taking our cue from the experts. You can rest assured that the branches you visit are properly cleaned and have hand sanitizer readily accessible, and that the employees you interact with know and employ best practices for prevention. Among other things, that means that any employees experiencing flu-like symptoms are being asked to stay home and recover fully before returning to work. And we’ve adjusted our employee policies to make that doable.
We also want to remind you that with USE Credit Union, you have lots of other free and convenient ways to access and manage your money:
- With Online Banking, you can pay bills, check balances, open accounts, move money between accounts, apply for loans, and more.
- Live Chat and Secure Messaging in Online Banking provides you direct access to our Member Service Representatives to answer questions quickly and securely
- Our mobile app lets you do all those things, plus deposit paper checks
- When you need cash, our ATM network has 30,000 surcharge-free locations.
- And, you can always reach out to our 24/7 Member Service Center at 866.873.4968. If you need help using online banking or mobile banking, or just have a question about your accounts, give us a call.
Thank you for your membership, and take good care knowing that we’re here for you.
Branch Closures & Access
As you’ve probably seen in the news, California’s governor has issued a statewide order for residents to stay at home for the time-being, as an enhanced means to use social distancing to prevent further spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). This order allows people to leave their homes for certain essential purposes, such as grocery shopping, medical visits, and banking.
Your health and safety and that of our employees and our communities remains our top priority, so we have implemented several measures to comply with the governor’s order while providing flexibility to be there for you to serve your banking needs:
- All USE Credit Union branches will be temporarily closed to walk-ins, effective close of business Friday, March 20.
- Members with critical in-person needs may call the branch directly or our Member Service Center at 866.873.4968 to make an appointment to meet branch employees Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- We’ll observe social distancing standards with branch appointments, continue to make hand sanitizer readily available, and will continue the enhanced cleaning procedures we put in place previously.
- Our operations employees are continuing to work behind the scenes, as they always do, to ensure that your money is safe and that you have full access to your accounts through online banking and our mobile app.
While we don’t minimize the impact of this emergency, we also don’t want you to worry about your money. Please remember that USE Credit Union has long had emergency readiness plans and backup systems in place to continue business and keep your money safe in circumstances like this. And, of course, your accounts are still federally-insured.
We understand that you might be negatively impacted financially by the COVID-19 pandemic and we want to make sure we’re doing our part to help see you through. If you are in need of assistance making an existing loan payment please reach out to our Member Service Center to speak with us about your options. We also offer short-term unsecured loans for qualifying members to help make ends meet.
Apply online, or call us at 866.873.4968 to learn more about a USECU Emergency Loan:
- Request up to $5,000
- 0% APR*
- Defer your first payment up to 90 days
And, we’re making some changes to make it easier for you to conduct all of your banking online. While our branches are closed we’ll:
- Waive the monthly minimum daily balance fee on USECU Regular Savings accounts
- Waive pay-by-phone and check-by-phone fees
- Waive USECU external ATM fees, that’s right you won’t see a fee from us for using an out of network ATM
- Waive incoming and outgoing wire transfer fees
- Increase the daily limit for mobile check deposit through the USECU Mobile App to $10,000
Thank you for your patience and understanding, and please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at 866.873.4968 if you have any questions
*All loans subject to credit approval. Rates, terms and conditions subject to change. APR current as of March 19, 2020.