We're Here for You
While we’re all still dealing with the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, we want you to know that your well-being and that of our employees is our top priority. So, we’re continuing to actively monitor the situation and taking our cue from the experts. You can rest assured that the branches you visit are properly cleaned and have hand sanitizer readily accessible, and that the employees you interact with know and employ best practices for prevention.
USECU Branches Open for Walk-in Service!
Most of our branches reopened for walk-in service on June 1. To make sure all members who need to visit a branch are able to do so, we’ve set aside one hour at the start of each business day for pre-scheduled appointments for those who may be at greater risk. Team members at our Berkeley, Carmel Mountain, Chula Vista, Davis, Mission Valley, La Mesa and UCSD branches are serving members in-person, Monday through Friday, on the following schedule:
- 9 a.m. – 10 a.m. by appointment only. To make an appointment, please call 866.873.4968.
- 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. open to members with and without appointments
NOTE: Our SDSU branch will remain closed since the university has shifted most instruction online.
Fee Waivers Discontinued
Now that access to the in-person transactions has been expanded, the below fees will be reinstated effective June 30, 2020, in accordance with the USECU Schedule of Fees.
- Monthly minimum daily balance fee on USECU Regular Savings accounts will be reinstated
- Pay-by-phone and check-by-phone fees will be reinstated
- USECU external ATM fees will be reinstated
- Incoming and outgoing wire transfer fees will be reinstated
Branch Measures to Protect Your Health and Our Employees’ Health
In keeping with guidelines from health experts, Credit Union employees and members are required to wear face masks for both appointments and walk-in visits. For security purposes, each member will need to temporarily show their face through the window before being admitted to the branch. Unfortunately, we’re not able to provide masks to members, so please be sure to wear your own face mask.
To ensure proper distancing, no more than two members are allowed in the branch at one time and there are placement markings outside each branch for members to practice social distancing while waiting for service. In addition to enhanced branch cleaning procedures and hand sanitizer, we’ve installed plexiglass barriers to enhance the safety of employee-member interactions.
Digital Options for 24/7 Access to Your Accounts
Our operations employees are continuing to work behind the scenes, as they always do, to ensure that your money is safe and that you have full access to your accounts through online banking and our mobile app. For your convenience, we offer lots of free and easy ways to access and manage your money without having to visit a branch:
- With Online Banking, you can pay bills, check balances, open accounts, move money between accounts, apply for loans, and more.
- Live Chat and Secure Messaging in Online Banking provides you direct access to our Member Service Representatives to answer questions quickly and securely
- Our mobile app lets you do all those things, plus deposit paper checks
- When you need cash, our ATM network has 30,000 surcharge-free locations.
- And, you can always reach out to our 24/7 Member Service Center at 866.873.4968. If you need help using Online Banking or Mobile Banking, or just have a question about your accounts, give us a call.
If you’re struggling financially due to the pandemic, we want to help see you through. If you need help making an existing loan payment, please reach out to our Member Service Center to speak with us about your options. We also offer short-term unsecured loans for qualifying members to make ends meet. Apply online, or call us at 866.873.4968 to learn more about a USECU Emergency Loan:
- Request up to $5,000
- 0% APR*
- Defer your first payment up to 90 days
Thank you for your patience and understanding, and please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at 866.873.4968 if you have any questions.
Helping Yourself & Your Community During COVID-19
Discover ways to help your community and yourself during the COVID-19 pandemic.
What The New Face Mask Policies Mean for USECU and Our Members
Learn what the new San Diego County face mask policies mean for you and how to make your own face mask.
How to Spot a Scam: 8 Warning Signs
A scam can take a major toll on both your financial security and your peace of mind. Learn about these eight warning signs of a potential scam.
*All loans subject to credit approval. Rates, terms and conditions subject to change. APR current as of July 16, 2020.